This post was originally published on my old blog on 5/20/14.
Today, I am extremely excited to announce a new feature on this blog! Actually I am REALLY EXCITED to announce this feature! GIF ALERT! GIF ALERT!
A Blog Book Club Called Off Our Shelves
Iris from Purple Lambs Will Fly
Adele from Howling Evanescence
Dreamer from The Thoughts of a Dreamer
Adonia from The Stone Table
Cat in the Hat from Cat the Ailurophile
Wren from I’d Ship That
…and of course, moi.
The First Book That We Will be Reading: Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
Blurb: Scarlett March lives to hunt the Fenris–the werewolves that took her eye when she was defending her sister Rosie from a brutal attack. Armed with a razor-sharp hatchet and blood-red cloak, Scarlett is an expert at luring and slaying the wolves. She’s determined to protect other young girls from a grisly death, and her raging heart will not rest until every single wolf is dead.Rosie March once felt her bond with her sister was unbreakable. Owing Scarlett her life, Rosie hunts ferociously alongside her. But even as more girls’ bodies pile up in the city and the Fenris seem to be gaining power, Rosie dreams of a life beyond the wolves. She finds herself drawn to Silas, a young woodsman who is deadly with an ax and Scarlett’s only friend–but does loving him mean betraying her sister and all that they’ve worked for?
The Nitty Gritty Details
- Each of us will take turns hosting the book club.
- We will read the book that we all agree on in sections and after each section, the hostess will publish a post about her thoughts on that section of the book, and everyone can discuss it in the post comments.
- The people that are not hosting the book club during the session may also write their own posts about the section.
- After each section, or maybe after all of us have finished reading the book, the hostess will assign two or three activities related to the book. Everyone can choose one activity (or more if you want to) and post their results on their blog.
- Then, we can all post our own review on the book. And please, not a dry book review, but one filled with personality and awesome gifs!
I’m not sure when the club will officially start because we all have to get the book first, but it will start soon!
Have you ever hosted or participated in a blog book club or just a regular book club? What was it like? Any tips for this book club?