This post was originally published on my old blog on 5/25/14.
Happy Bloggy Birthday to the Notebook Sisters. Their blog turned three today! Wow! They are so old; my blog is only two months old. Anyway, to kick-off their bloggy birthday party, they created a blog prompt in the form of a tag. Here are my answers to their ten very clever questions. I also inserted a slideshow with all of the book covers of the books that I mention in my answers.
Click to view the slideshow of book covers featured in the original post.
- Just Alice: What book cover(s) has made you super curious? Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. This cover is very mysterious.
- Mad Hatter: List the craziest character(s) you’ve read. Every single character in And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. They are all off their rockers.
- Red Queen, Off With Your Head: What book have you felt like beheading? The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne. It could have been such a good book, if only it was better written and Bruno’s character traits were more realistic.
- White Rabbit: What books or series have been insanely popular, but you’ve been “late” to pick them up? The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I just started reading the series.
- Caterpillar: What’s the most confusing book you’ve read? Duh. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Confusing but amazing.
- Dormouse: What was the last book that sent you to sleep? Books don’t really send me to sleep, especially because I’m careful in choosing which books I read.
- Cheshire Cat:Book that mad you laugh or smile? Chasing Jupiter by Rachel Coker. I laughed at loud so many times during this book, and I loved how Rachel Coker was able to create the perfect blend of humor and serious emotion.
- Knave of Hearts: Most recent character who stole your heart? Liesel, from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. She is just such a sweet girl living in such a broken world.
- Jabberwocky: Best villain you’ve read this year? Queen Levana from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I hate Queen Levana with a burning passion. Everything she does in each of the books has just made me hate her more and more. She is beyond evil.
- Down the Rabbit Hole: What’s the latest book/series/author that’s completely swallowed your interest? Definitely The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I mean, a collection of sci-fi fairy tale retellings? It’s the perfect combination.
Have you read any of the books on this list? What are your thoughts on my answers?
Thanks so much for linking up with us!!