This post was originally published on my old blog on 5/27/14.
Once again, I am participating in the meme Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is a freebie week, so I decided that my post will focus on blogging. I’ll split my post into two parts. The first part will be the top five things that I love about blogging and the second part will be the top five things that I think I will love about blogging. In other words, what I’m looking forward to trying out on my blog.
Top Ten Things I Love About Blogging
- Being able to practice my writing skills regularly. The best way to improve at writing is to write and read. By churning out posts regularly, I can write consistently, and therefore, get better.
- Sharing my writing with a wider audience. Right now, I don’t have a very wide audience, but it’s still a big one for me, and I really enjoy sharing my ideas with the audience that I have.
- Designing my blog. I’ve had so much fun picking out and implementing the color scheme of my blog. Now I’ve got to go design some graphics and an awesome header.
- Reading other blogs and drawing inspiration from them. I love reading other blogs that talk about the same things as mine because they all inspire me to keep working on my blog.
- Reading and replying to comments. I love reading comments on each of my blog posts and seeing what my friends and people around the world have to say. I also love coming up with thoughtful replies to their comments and starting a discussion.
Top Ten Things I Look Forward to Loving About Blogging
- Doing an author interview on my blog. I’m in the newspaper club at my school, so I interview a bunch of students and teachers for my articles, but it would be an amazing experience to interview someone that I don’t know.
- Guest posting on another blog or having someone guest post on my blog. This would be fun and simultaneously gain more exposure for my blog or whoever is guest posting on my blog.
- Receiving an ARC for review from a publisher. I love writing book reviews, and it would be awesome to receive an ARC for my honest review. That said, I know how much money and work goes into ARCs and I want to respect that by waiting until I am more experience and have more followers before I start requesting ARCs.
- Celebrating my blogoversary. This will be fun because I’ll be able to take pride in the fact that I stuck with blogging for one whole year.
- Getting started with the Off Our Shelves Blog Book Club. I am just so excited for this book club. We’ll start when everyone has the book, which should be soon!
What do you love most about blogging? What do you look forward to loving most about blogging?
emily @ for the bookish 5/27/14 8:43am
Ana, I absolutely love this post!! I wish I had come up with this topic. You had a lot of great things you love that I love about blogging, too, and we’re both sort of newbies to the blogging community, so I understand where you’re coming from 🙂 (By the way, I’d love to guest post/have you guest post on my blog. I’ve wanted to do that for a long time ;))