Today I am participating in a link-up hosted by Whisperings of the Pen. Just click on the image above to visit the post explaining the link-up.
Week One Questions:
What is your writing goal? My goal is to write 25,000 words, which is the amount that I will need to win Camp NaNoWriMo and finish my novel at 50,000 words.
- Give us a short synopsis of the project. A young girl named Twig Appleton is sent on a mission by the government of a futuristic planet named Conella. The Conellan government has recently received a message from another planet that a special box is hidden on the planet Suman. This box holds the secrets to winning the war raging between Conella and Loki, and Twig’s mission is to find it. However, on the way to Suman, Twig’s spaceship is sucked into a black hole and transported to the planet Loki where she and her robot friend, Blimby, are imprisoned. Just after finding out that the Loki warriors are stealing foreign spaceships and storing them in a room, Blimby and Twig are separated. They must find each other, find out why the Loki warriors are stealing spaceships, escape, and retrieve the box before the Loki warriors invade Conella and win the war. Empty (tentative title) is an MG science fiction novel incomplete at 28,601 words.
- How long have you been working on this project? I’ve been working on it since last August, but I kind of took a break about two months into school, revisited it for a week in April and then set it aside once more. I forgot some of the aspects of my story, but it was worth it to take a break from writing because I ended up doing very good in school this year. I got straight A pluses on all of my report cards, which I have never done before!
- How often do you intend to write in order to reach your goal by August 1st? Every. Single. Day. I am doing Camp NaNoWriMo after all.
- Introduce us to three of your favorite characters in this project. Twig is an adventurous and ambitious fourteen year old that won’t give up no matter how tough her situation is. Magnus Silver, the chief of the Loki warriors, is an unreasonable villain that loves to see his prisoners suffer and he comically gets flustered whenever one of his prisoners defies him. Sinicane is a selfless fellow prisoner of Twig who always puts others before herself and is a natural leader.
- Go to page 16(or 6, 26 or 66) of your writing project. Share your favorite line or snippet on the page. This line is from page 26: “She would have to take action-because no one else would.”
- Tea or coffee? Hot chocolate. Okay, I’m cheating. I know. However, I am not allowed to drink coffee and even though I like tea sometimes (specifically honey lemon tea) hot chocolate is a better writing beverage than any other beverage you can think of. Yes, I will debate you on that. I am up to the challenge. Bring it on.
Does this sound like something you or maybe a younger version of you (since it is MG) would read?