Please don’t fear-a new Stacking the Shelves post is here! Whew! It’s been a long time since I’ve done this meme! Stacking the Shelves is a meme in which you explain your book haul for the week, and it is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: This is actually a book that I have to read for my summer reading assignment. However, it’s a classic that I’ve wanted to read for a long time because I’ve heard that it’s quite funny. Also, I bought it at my library book sale for only 25 cents! Score!
- A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd: I got an ARC! I. GOT. AN. ARC! But it’s not from a publisher :(. I tricked you guys for a second there, didn’t I? Well, yep, it’s an ARC but I won it at my library instead of getting it from the publisher.
- Whispers Through the Trees by Susan Plunkett and Krysteen Seelen: I got this for free a long time ago at my church, and it seems like a great mystery.
- Popular by Maya Van Wagenen: I am so excited to read this one! It’s a memoir by a teen who did a social experiment in high school in which she followed advice from a 1950’s popularity guide to see if she could become popular in her school.
- The Perfect Mile by Neal Bascomb: I’m reading this right now and it is so interesting. It is about the three men that became the top contenders for breaking the four minute mile barrier and the intense race between them.
This Week on the Blog
I moved my blog from Weebly to WordPress, and so far, my favorite tool is the automatic publishing. I can schedule a post to publish at a certain time, and it will do so automatically.
- I posted my thoughts on the second section of Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce for the second virtual meeting of the Off Our Shelves blog book club.
- I discussed my writing goal for July in the Actually Finishing Something in July Link-up.
This Week On Other Blogs
- Cait @ The Notebook Sisters is co-hosting the July edition of the Beautiful People Meme. Go link-up!
- I discovered Rayleigh’s two blogs, The Creation Tunnel and Accelerate the Jesus Movement. I especially love how informative the posts on The Creation Tunnel are. I’m off to scour the archives!
- Adele @ Howling Evanescence explored a thoughtful metaphor in her post entitled Happy Fourth of July!
- Dreamer @ The Thoughts of a Dreamer talked about her love for fireworks.
Updates on My Life
Cross country is now in full swing and I’m having so much fun meeting the other girls on the team and getting to run with them. I’d love to incorporate more posts about running into my blog. Don’t worry, though. I’ll still post a bunch of bookish and writing content, but running is also a major passion of mine, so I want to spotlight that as well.
How did your week go? Which book would you most like to see me review?