Today is the second week of the Actually Finishing Something in July Linkup hosted by Whisperings of the Pen. Just click on the picture above to visit the linkup post on Whisperings of the Pen.
- Were you able to reach your weekly goal? Yes. According to my Camp NaNoWriMo stats, I am four days ahead of my goal.
- Is this challenge encouraging you to write more often? This challenge coupled with Camp NaNoWriMo is definitely helping me to sit down and write everyday no matter what so that I can get some headway on my project.
- At what time of the day did you accomplish most of your writing? I accomplished most of my writing at night. Every night I work on my WIP a little bit before I write about my day in my daily journal.
- Which musical tracks do you listen to most while writing? I don’t really listen to music when I’m writing because it can be distracting. However, on the rare occasions that I do I just listen to classical music or the soundtrack from The Hobbit, because those two types of music do not involve lyrics.
- Share a descriptive snippet or two of your writing. There were rivers, too. The prisoners would be walking on and on, not feeling any change, and then suddenly, one step would cause them to go instantly plunging into a river. They could feel the icy cold waters envelop them and they silently struggled, too weary to scream. They thrashed about, water filling their lungs. They had to swim blindly around, feeling for land, and when one prisoner finally felt land, the prisoner would call out to the others. They all floundered to the spot of land and pulled themselves up, dripping and cold from the wind whipping against their wet skin. They continued on, shivering, hair and clothes plastered to their skin.
- Share three dialogue-based snippets from your week one writing. 1) “Now, now, little Earthling not angry so soon,” the creature said awkwardly and slowly. “I chief Magnus Silver. Welcome to the great planet Loki!”he roared, ever increasing his volume on the last sentence until he ended with arms raised on the words Loki.2) “You better speak now, or strange friend crushed instantly. NOW!!!” The chief’s whole body shook angrily as he glared at Twig impatiently. Twig just said the first thing that came to her mind and it was a miraculous thing that her brain procured up in that desperate moment of fear and panic.3) “Listen, everyone. I…I know it’s been a struggle getting through here. I know it’s been a struggle since each of you were captured by the Loki warriors. It’s been a struggle for me, too. I’m tired. I’m hungry. I’m thirsty. I hurt all over. I’m sick of tired of this nonsense. I hate trudging through this desert, seeing nothing except a white expanse and always bumping into invisible obstacles. Yet even though I am tired of trudging through it, I keep on because right now, my biggest desire is just to go home. I know you’re tired and that you don’t want to go on right now. I get that. However, I also know that all of you want to go home. I know that all of you want to see your planet appear out of the haze through the dashboard of your own, comfy spaceship. I know that all of you want to feel the satisfaction of landing on the familiar surface of your planet. I know that you want to see your home planet once more. I know that you want to see your family and friends. I know that you want to be back in your sweet, comfortable homes enjoying the small pleasures in life with your family. I want the same, and that is why I move on. That is why you all should move on. We could be so close to success, but if we stop now, we’ll fail. Success could be only one day away. We have to keep going. Please. All I ask is one more day. We can all muster up the energy to walk for one more day. I know we can.” Twig stopped and looked around. Everyone looked at each other, shifting uneasily and twiddling with their thumbs. “Please,” Twig whispered.
- How are you going to move forward in this challenge? Are you changing your word-count goal or other plans? I still plan to write every single day this July until I meet my word-count goal.
If you are so inclined please share your answers to some of these questions.