Recently, I was nominated for two blog awards, The Sunshine Award and The Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I’ll follow the rules for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award first and then I’ll follow the rules for The Sunshine Award.
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Thanks to Tara @ Tara Therese for nominating me for this award! Tara runs a wonderful blog that is updated quite frequently. She talks about her life, her faith, writing and books.
List the rules and display the award.
Share 7 facts about yourself.
Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know you have nominated them.
Proudly display the badge.
7 Facts About Myself
- I recently finished sewing a lemon print dress for myself, and I hope to get a post up with some pictures of the dress.
- After a long run with my cross country team, we all jumped into a stream fed by a waterfall to soak our legs in the ice cold water.
- I once got lost on a cross country course when I was in first place. It was not pretty.
- I prefer to write in short, separated sprints. I’ll write furiously for five-thirty minutes and then take a short break. Then, I’ll do another sprint. I don’t really like just writing for a long period of time.
- My favorite song is Hold Me by Jamie Grace. Just in case you were wondering, this song is not about Jamie’s boyfriend. Instead, it is about God.
- Even though I am a teenage girl, I hate shopping.
- For most people, calories are the enemy. However, for me as a runner, calories are my friends.
15 other blogs? Gosh, that’s a lot. I’m going to do something different here. I’ll nominate fifteen blogs and if the bloggers that I want to nominate want to do the tag, then they can choose which award they want to do.
The Sunshine Award
A big thank you to Sarah @ Inklined for nominating me. Sarah runs a great blog packed with writing advice. As an added bonus, her writing advice often especially pertains to Christian writers.
2) What is a hobby you have that most people don’t know about? Hmmm…Most people know about my writing, reading, running, sewing and knitting. However, one of my more obscure hobbies is computer programming. I want to be an engineer when I grow up, so why I not start now, right?
3) If given the choice, what dessert would you eat on your birthday? Mint chocolate chip ice cream all the way.
4) What fiction book has most impacted your life? The Little House on the Prairie Series. I read this series over and over again when I was younger, and it formed the basis for most of my reading and writing.
5) Who are 5 of your favorite bloggers or blogs? Go Teen Writers, Notebook Sisters, The Loony Teen Writer, Writer Unboxed and The Hungry Runner Girl.
6) What is your current favorite song? Hold Me by Jamie Grace.
7) Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what?
|Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. But the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.|
I can relate to this quote on so many levels. Even though it was created as a marketing tool, it still rings true.
8) If you could have the power of Invisibility, Flight, or Telekinesis, which would you pick? Flight. Flying would be such a fun experience and compared to the other super powers, I wouldn’t be tempted to use my super power for selfish or bad things.
9) If you could only have one social media site, what would you pick and why? Goodreads. It’s the only social media sight that I have and it’s really useful for keeping track of the books I’ve read, my reviews and what I want to read next.
10) If you had to live somewhere outside your home state for 6 months, where would you chose to live? I’m going to break this up into three two month sections. For the first two months, I would go to Florida. There I would visit Disney World and spend time soaking up the sun and spending time in the water at Clearwater Beach. The next two months, I would go to Germany, and the final two months I would visit Vietnam because some of my relatives are from those countries.
Questions for the Nominees
As I said before, the nominees above can choose to do either The Very Inspiring Blogger Award or The Sunshine Award. For those bloggers that are choosing to do The Sunshine Award or both awards, here are ten questions for you to answer.
- What is your dream job, and why?
- Name five of your favorite blogs.
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is the word count of the longest piece you’ve ever written?
- What is your favorite genre to read?
- If you are going to college, what’s your dream college? If you’re already in college or have already graduated, what college do you go to?
- What is your favorite Disney animated movie? Please don’t tell me you’ve never watched a Disney movie.
- What is your favorite classic book?
- What was your favorite book as a child?
- What are your other hobbies besides reading, writing and blogging?
Congratulations to all of the nominees. Now I’m off to notify them. But to all of my readers, regardless of whether you were nominated or not, I want to know what other hobbies you have besides reading, writing and blogging.