Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. Basically, you explain your book haul for the week.
- The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell: I read Blink and Outliers, two books that are also by Malcolm Gladwell, and they were really interesting. Thus, I decided to try this book out.
- Interrupted by Rachel Coker: I read Rachel Coker’s second book, Chasing Jupiter, and it made me laugh out loud. I hope that this book will make me do the same.
- Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll: I read Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, but I’ve never read the sequel. I think I need to correct that. Also, this book is the one with the Jabberwocky poem. If you look at my bucket list, you’ll see that one of the items is to memorize and recite a poem. Jabberwocky recitation here I come!
This Week on the Blog
There was only one post…The Actually Finishing Something in July Week #4 Linkup.
This Week On Other Blogs
Cait @ Notebook Sisters compared book genres to pizza.
- Emily @ The Loony Teen Writer talked about her story ideas.
- Kara @ Diary of a Teen Writer discussed chapter lengths.
- Daisy @ Estrella’s Trendy Teen posted her first post.
- Alyssa @ The Ramblings of a Literature Nerd is doing a 7 in 7 Read-a-thon.
- Nirvana @ Nirvana’s Pocketful posted You Know You Are a Blogger When…
- Athelas @ Red Lettering discussed writing with music.
This Week in My Life
I went to see the movie Dawn of the Planet of the Apes with some of my friends, and it was so good! The suspense literally made me bite my nails, sit on the edge of my seat, and furiously shove popcorn and Junior Mints into my mouth. You know you’re a writer when all you can think about when watching that movie is the masterful storytelling shown in the perfect conflicting character goals, the point of no return and the lie that the characters believe.
Also, a weird random story. You know how there is an extra scene at the end of the credits for some movies? Well my friends and I decided to stay for that, but then everybody started leaving and the theater got darker. We decided that we would just wait alone in the theater, but time passed and the credits just kept going. Then we kind of got creeped out because we were alone in a huge theater and my friend told us that she saw something in the corner (it turned out to be a box). So, we fearfully inched out. Teenage drama. *sighs*
How was your week? Also, feel free to linkup to those STS/weekly recap posts of yours.