Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. Basically, you explain your book haul for the week.
- Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris: I love the concept of this book: rebelling against the low expectations that people put on the capabilities of teenagers.
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen: I read Pride and Prejudice, and I enjoyed it, so I thought I would try out Sense and Sensibility. I love how the titles kind of go together. If only all of Austen’s books were like that.
This Week on the Blog
This Week On Other Blogs
Emily @ The Loony Teen Writer talked about different library strategies.
- Cait @ Notebook Sisters talked about the writing she did when she was younger.
- Kara @ Diary of a Teen Writer talked about book OCD.
- Iris @ Purple Lambs Will Fly posted a July Monthly Recap.
Her feral grace failed against my feral sensors and alert system.
- Chole @ This is My Voice and Free as a Girl With Wings needs one more blogger to sign up for her My Hero Monday link up.
- Stephanie @ Musings of a Creative Spirit posted a wonderful poem by Hannah Ray.
- Emily @ For the Bookish interviewed Heather Vogel Frederick.
This Week in My Life
At the end of every practice, my cross country coach tells us to go home and drink chocolate milk. I decided to follow his advice, but with a twist. Instead of just mixing chocolate syrup into my milk, I also mix in caramel syrup. It tastes so good! I was talking to my friend about it, and she said that I would like Starbucks. I probably will (when I’m allowed to drink coffee.)
How was your week? Also, feel free to linkup to those STS/weekly recap posts of yours.