I wear my fabulous Timex® Ironman watch 24/7. Seriously. I never take it off unless I go into the pool. I originally bought the watch for use in cross country practice because it has so many useful functions and it’s so cheap ( I got mine for $35.00). Now I wear it all the time for my day-to-day routine. I love being able to always know the time-no matter where I am. The best part about this watch is that it’s very durable so I never have to worry about breaking it. Basically, I love everything about this watch. Let me explain.
What Do I Love About It?
The Timex® Ironman has so many great functions that really come in handy during a workout. Here are just some of the ones that I use and love.
- The Chronograph: I use this tool at every practice to time my runs. It’s basically a stopwatch that allows runners to time runs and keep track of splits.
- The Timer: This one is self explanatory. It’s a countdown function that I use for a lot of things during practice, including striders, sprints and dumb bell exercise reps. Best of all, it has the option for a repeat timer so you don’t have to restart it between reps or strides.
- The Occasion Reminder: I’ve never actually used this function, but it seems like something that I might use someday. It does just what the name implies: it reminds you about an occasion for which you can set the date and time.
- The Alarm Clock: The alarm for this function isn’t loud enough for me to wake up to, but it might be loud enough for you.
- The Indiglo Night Light: This is one of my favorite features of the watch because it’s so unique. All the user has to do is press a button for the watch display to light up, allowing users to use their watch when it’s dark out.
- The Time (Duh): The main display shows the day of the week, the month, the day, the hour, the minute, the second and whether it’s AM or PM.
Its Ease of Use
The instructions that come with the watch are so clear and there are only five buttons, so users can get their watch set up and running in no time.
This watch is so incredibly durable, which means that I can wear it anywhere. The screen is resilient so I don’t have to worry about any scratches. It’s also waterproof, so I don’t have to take my watch off when I go in pool or take a shower. I just love that I don’t have to worry about it breaking and I can focus on other things instead.
Overall, if you’re looking for a simple watch for running or just day-to-day use. This is the watch for you. The only problem is that this watch does not have a GPS. However, if you just want simple functions, you should be fine.