Life has been pretty interesting recently. For one thing, I just went to my cross country banquet and I was awarded Rookie of the Year. Yay! I also got this spam message:
“I have received a cybermonday coupon to send you. I provide a mother in law 50% discount. If you preserve her foreverandever, I’ll offer her to you free of charge”
Okayyy, then…Yea, I don’t think I want your mother in law. But that’s besides the point. Today, I have for you something new on the blog, a recipe.
Three of my favorite flavors are oatmeal, hot chocolate and peppermint. I don’t think I could live without them. And since it is now both cold and their is Christmas in the air, I have been consuming copious amounts of these foods. All, too soon, I began to think, and I thought, “What if I mixed my love for these three flavors?” Thus, Peppermint Hot Chocolate Oatmeal was born. It was inevitable, guys.
I experimented a little bit, learned how to use a stove (seriously, I’ve never actually made something on the stove at home by myself, so it’s about time) and came up with a delicious recipe that I know I will be making over and over again from now on. This is the perfect combination of creamy, chocolatey, oatmealy goodness with a dash of peppermint mixed in.
- 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 packet of hot chocolate mix
- chocolate syrup
- white chocolate chips
- peppermint sprinkles
- a dash of salt
- Pour 1 cup of milk and a dash of salt into a small saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Once the milk is boiling and starts to look foamy, add in 1/2 cup old fashioned oats.
- Cook over medium heat for five minutes or until the mixture reaches the desired consistency. Stir occasionally to keep the milk from burning.
- One minute before the oatmeal is done cooking, gradually pour in a packet of hot chocolate mix and stir thoroughly.
- When the oatmeal is done cooking, remove it from the stove and taste it, adding chocolate syrup for more flavor as desired.
- When the flavor is as desired, drizzle the oatmeal with chocolate syrup and sprinkle white chocolate chips and peppermint sprinkles on top.
- Serve right away, and enjoy!
What’s your favorite flavor of oatmeal, or what are your favorite oatmeal toppings? Have you ever used a stove by yourself before? What did you cook? Oh, and I hope you guys try this recipe. If so, please tell me how it goes.